Goalkeeper Training Program
The goalkeeper program for Utah Arsenal FC is designed to develop keepers to be equipped for the modern game. The focus is to turn the goalie into an offensive weapon by teaching her/him how to control possession and distribute the ball to orchestrate an offensive attack for her/his team.
Goalkeeper Training Schedule:
Who: All goalkeepers and those interested in being a goalkeeper are to attend GK training
There is no extra cost for attending goalkeeper training. It is included in your coaching fees when you register as a player with the club.
Goalkeeping Director -
Jessica Duffin: [email protected]
Age and talent are considered as the instructor conducts training sessions. These are unique sessions adjusted to accommodate the needs of each participant. Training will be held once a week during July – November and March – May.
The 5 star program is a tiered program that pushes goalkeepers to be proficient at specific skills before they can move onto the next level of training. Goalies are tested at the end of every season to determine advancement.
● 1 Star
○ Basic footwork, coordination, handling (contour and basic catch), and distribution proficiency
● 2 Star
○ Footwork mastery, diving on the ground, handling low and high balls, distribution with both feet
on pass backs, and beginning of communication
● 3 Star
○ Basic extension dives, breakaways, crosses, goal-kicks, side-volley, throwing, and basic
● 4 Star
○ Mastery of diving, breakaways, goal-kick, side-volley, throwing, and crosses
● 5 Star
○ Mastery of both feet in distribution, extended shot stopping, controlling the box on crosses, commanding
the field with communication, and using distribution as a weapon for the attack
What to Expect
● A coach that is currently playing or has played goalkeeper for an NCAA Division 1 school
● A 1 hr. training sessions per week
● Evaluation by GK Director during a game