Utah Arsenal FC Academy
REGISTRATION LINK: CLICK HERE
The Utah Arsenal FC Academy is designed to provide players with a fun and safe environment where they can develop their technical skills. This is the perfect gateway for boys and girls between the ages of 4 - 12 yrs. that are looking for a higher level or supplemental training to recreational soccer. Academy play is focused and structured, yet still kid friendly.
Academy Technical Directors: Kristine Reynolds & Kenzi Evans
Academy Administrators: Kelley McKay-Shane
Dates: August 23rd thru October 13th
Registration: CLICK HERE
Location: UAFC Soccer Complex | 1597 N 600 E St, Lehi, UT 84043
TUESDAY & THURSDAY
- 5:30 - 6:30 pm U5 - U12 (ages 4-12)
*Sessions will NOT be made up due to weather
- Shin guards
- Size 3 ball (Included in fee)
- UAFC Minis training shirt (Included in fee)
UAFC has put together a curriculum for the Academy that concentrates on individual player development. The focus of the program and each training sessions are:
1. Create a positive environment for all players, coaches, and families
2. Educate players on basic physical, social, and technical soccer skills
3. Focus on individual player development--the better we can make each player, the better we will be as a whole
4. Instill a love and passion for the game of soccer
5. Encourage players to practice at home what they have been taught in training and desire to want to keep developing
6. Teach players how to train properly
7. Educate our parents and set expectations for future success within UAFC
Who Can Participate
The UAFC Academy is for both boys and girls age groups U5 - U12. Academy training accommodates all skill levels, from beginner - advanced. We want to see a continued growth in your child’s technical ability as well as their love for the game of soccer.
Your fees include two one-hour training sessions per week, a licensed trainer, a training shirt, soccer ball, insurance, equipment, and field reservation.
Fall Session (August – October): $150.00
What Parents Should Expect
The concept of a team and the intricacies of soccer are not understood at this age and parents should not stress about this; let the coaches and trainers help your child develop. Below are of some of things that we’ve learned are important for parents to know up front. Each of these items below is a primary focus of the training that will occur at the Academy level.
- The training is to be fun, safe, and enjoyable for the kids
- Players tend to focus on themselves, the ball, and the goal
- Players at this age struggle to understand the concept of passing and may at times steal the ball from teammates
- Field positions are not taught at this age
- They are going to make a lot of mistakes, that is okay
Parents Sideline Behavior
1. Always be positive in everything you say, no negative comments are allowed
2. Always tell your child you love them and don't ask them if they won or lost
a. Ask if they had fun, what they learned, what they can work on
3. Do not encourage or stress scoring a goal; they all want this and do not need additional pressure
4. Do not compare your child to others; focus on their strengths and motivate them to continue developing at their own pace.
5. Enjoy your child’s game, relax and have fun, don’t stress over it, encourage them and accept them for all they can do
Communicating With Staff
UAFC staff and coaches are very open to communication. If you have a question please call, email, text, or talk to us BEFORE or AFTER practice. Please do not interrupt during practice so we can focus on the training of your child.
*In the event of unsafe weather, be sure to check your email and phone before coming to practice. We do our best to provide prior notice of any cancelations.
Register Now as limited number of participants allowed.