Utah Arsenal FC Mini’s Academy - Registration now open!!
Register Here: CLICK HERE
The Utah Arsenal FC Academy is designed to provide players with a fun and safe environment where they can develop their technical skills. This is the perfect gateway for boys and girls between the ages of 4 - 12 yrs. that are looking for a higher level or supplemental training to recreational soccer. Academy play is focused and structured, yet still kid friendly as we want to teach players to enjoy soccer.
Mini's Academy Director: Arturo Jimenez [email protected]
Mini's Academy Administrators: Kelley MacKay-Shane [email protected]
Who Can Participate
The UAFC Mini’s Academy is for boys and girls from the U5 – U12 age groups (4 years old to 12 years old). It is for all skill level players from beginner to advanced. Please follow the age group matrix chart to find which age group your player will participate in.
What does an Academy Session Look Like: 1 Hour
- Stage 1: Starts with a 1v1 or 2v2 game (get the kids playing, having fun, and maximizing player contact with the ball)
- Stage 2: Coordination, Balance, and Agility exercise (help develop players motor skills for life not just soccer)
- Stage 3: Practice a particular skill in 1v1 or 1v0 environments (Dribbling, Shielding, Passing, or Shooting)
- Stage 4: Game 2v2 or 3v3 (Maximize players touches with small numbers and see if they can implement what was taught)
Communicating With Staff
UAFC Mini’s staff and coaches are very open to communication. If you have a question please call, email, txt, ask BEFORE OR AFTER practice (not during so we can focus on your son or daughter). In the case of bad weather or any other incidents please check your emails and phones before coming to practice as we do our best to give you a heads up if training will be cancelled.
Includes UAFC Adidas training shirt, Adidas training ball, insurance, field maintenance, field rental, equipment, 14 training sessions, trainer and director fee, etc.
Fall Session (August - October) $150.00
North Utah County Location/Days/Times
Where: Olympic Park
North Mini's Academy Days: Tuesday and Thursday at 4:15 – 5:15 PM
Starts: September 3rd
Ends: October 22nd
South Utah County Location/Days/Times
Where: Provo - Sertoma Park
South Mini's Academy: Monday and Friday at 4:15 – 5:15 PM
Starts: September 6th
Ends: October 25th
What will make an accomplished academy session/season
- Shin guards
- Pumped up size 3 or 4 ball
- Utah Arsenal FC Mini’s training shirt, black shorts, and black socks
What Parents should expect
After many years of experience with coaching and educating ourselves on players of this age we have come to lean much. Hear of some of those things that parents can expect to see and hear so that you’re not caught off guard.
- Most if not all players will cry the second they get hurt and some will cry even if they aren’t hurt.
- Players at this age do not want to pass the ball. In their mind it is them the ball and the goal.
- Don’t be surprised if players even steal the ball form their own teammates
- Positions are not taught at this age just like above players don’t understand more than themselves on the field. Their one and only focus is them and the ball.
- Players will need to come off the field to use the toilet; others will stay on the field to use the toilet.
- Players will also need their shoes tied at least once if not multiple times during the session.
- The second the whistle blows everyone player on the field will be 3 yards away from the ball (no matter how much coaching/yelling you do they will not separate.
- There are going to be things that the players do that are just hilarious; laugh at it as we are there to have a good time and enjoy the game.
Parents Side Line Behavior
- Always be positive in everything you say (no negative comments are allowed).
- Always tell your child you love them.
- Ask if they had fun, what did you learn, what can you work on?
- Kids want to score a goal for you don’t put more pressure on them to do that then there already is. (they will look at you for acceptance the second after they score) Celebrate with them and tell them how awesome they are.
- Don’t compare your child’s progress to that of others, kids at this age develop in many different ways. (help them to develop at their own pace and each month they will get better and better)
- Enjoy your child’s game, relax and have fun, don’t stress over it, encourage them and accept them for all they can do.
Characteristics of a UAFC Mini player
- Love to jump, run anywhere, hop, roll on the ground, etc.
- Boys and girls development is quite similar; girls may even develop faster technically and physically then the boys
- Hard for them to understand basic rules. (Short and sweat explanations are the best)
- Their attention span is very short; they will wonder off the field or start picking grass.
- Psychologically they are very sensitive; need to be given encouragement often and not criticized for things done wrong. (want players to explore on the field not be limited to what the coach or parents want them to do with the ball)
- All about them, the ball, and the goal (want to score goals and that is it)
- They are always moving, they will chase whatever it is they want until they can’t go any more. (will lay down and the second they recover which will be a few seconds they are back up at it again)
- Love to have fun. (Trying all we can do allow them to enjoy soccer)
Register Here: CLICK HERE